Adweek considered the profiles and results of global corporate titans, taking into account such criteria as:
- company value,
- revenue and revenue growth,
- market performance,
- consumer reach and affinity,
- their standing among rivals,
- the number of employees overseen,
- key acquisitions and partnerships,
- industry accolades and
- media buzz.
Adweek is a magazine and website that covers media news, including print, technology, advertising, branding and television.
Forbes also launched The World’s Largest Companies 2016 list:
The incredible ascent of the Chinese economy may be slowing down, but its banks still have plenty of weight to throw around.
Photo credit: Adweek/Typography: Jason Wong.